Hosted by Bewitched Bookworms
- Should you choose to participate in this challenge, your goal is to read at least twelve (12) audiobooks (no matter the length). Twelve is the minimum to be entered in the Grand Prize at the end of the Year.
- Of course anyone can join. You just have to live on the planet earth, (meaning, this is an international challenge and contest) and you need to have either a blog where you can post your Reviews, or you need publish your review anywhere else, goodreads, LibaryThing, amazon, Barnes & Nobles, audible, etc etc etc...
- Important: When you post your Review you have to say that you listened to the audiobook version of the book, who was the narrator, the length of time the audiobook ran and your separate rating/impression for the audiobook (how you liked the narration of the story beyond what you thought of the story itself). This can be at the end of your regular review, just like this example here.
The challenge runs from January 1st to December 31st, 2011.
You can join at anytime you want!
It doesn't matter what audiobook you are listening to,
no matter the genre or the length!
no matter the genre or the length!
- Please create a blogpost announcing your participating, you can include the books you are planning to listen to, but you don't have to. People without a blog just leave a the link to where you will be posting your reviews (i.e. your Goodreads account). Please add the Links to the post in Mr.Linky form below.
- Every month, starting in January we have a new post up for you where you can post your Reviews for that month. A Mr Linky form will be up for you.
- Although one review is the minimum to be entered, the more reviews you post each month the more chances you get to win the monthly prize. The monthly prizes includes giftcards from where you can buy audiobooks - like Amazon, iTunes, Barnes&Nobles and Audible. Plus, we will also have some MP3 players in the monthly prizes and other stuff that has something to do with audiobooks. You know how we Bookworms like to get creative with the prizes....
- You can pick the audiobooks as you go (no need to decide right now), but if you have already an idea what you're planning to listen we would absolutely love to know!
We also made a small Button that you will see
in all of our audiobook reviews going forward.
You're more than welcome to take it
and use it at the bottom of your Review
to show the audiobook section.
- This Side of Paradise by F. Scott Fitzgerald (Jan)
- Juliet, Naked by Nick Hornby (Jan)
- Gilead by Marilynne Robinson (Feb)
- The Tragedy of Puddn'head Wilson by Mark Twain (Feb)
- My Reading Life by Pat Conroy (Mar)
- The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky (Mar)
- The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold (Mar)
- The Help by Kathryn Stockett (Apr)
- Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl by Anne Frank (Apr)
- The Gunslinger by Stephen King (Apr)
- Remarkable Creatures by Tracy Chevalier (Apr)
- The Bluest Eye by Toni Morrison (Apr)
- The Nobodies Album by Carolyn Parkhurst (May)
- Angus, Thongs and Full-Frontal Snogging by Louise Rennison (May)
- Getting the Pretty Back: Friendship, Family, and Finding the Perfect Lipstick by Molly Ringwald (May)
- Bue Diary by Alice Hoffman (May)
- The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson (June)
- The Plague of Doves by Louise Erdrich (June)
- Homer & Langley by E. L. Doctorow (June)
- The English Major by Jim Harrison (June)
- The Gambler by Feodor Dostoyevsky (July)
- Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier (Aug)
- Saving CeeCee Honeycutt by Beth Hoffman (Aug)
- No Time to Wave Goodbye by Jacqueline Mitchard (Sep)
- Shanghai Girls by Lisa See (Sep)
- On the Road by Jack Kerouac (Oct)